Monday, August 29, 2011

Don't you just hate it when....

....you get the urge to go thrifting, go to about five different stores, drag your toddler and stroller in and out of the car over and over, and all you can find are big fat duds like this blue velvet sofa?


Me too!

On Friday my son almost knocked over my home-made jug lamp because it's currently perched on a wobbly TV tray that's pretending to be a side table in our living room.  He's getting into that phase where he's into everything and I decided that it was finally time to spend a little money on a real table.

I was certain that I could go to a few thrift stores, find the perfect table for about $15, slap a coat of paint on it, and have a fabulous make-over to show off.

Well, that didn't happen so now I'm checking Craigslist about every 20 minutes for new listings.  I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Brenda @ The Funky Junkie said...

Hi there!

I stumbled across your blog from Finding Fabulous for Less. Love it, and love the pottery barn lamp that was featured over there! I'm a newlywed in Virginia making a thrifty home of our own. I can't wait to read some more about your thrifty projects. :-)

Also--totally agree about thrift store duds. Isn't that just the worst? Lots of our furniture comes from Craigslist too!

Brenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...