Monday, October 10, 2011

$7 Quick and Easy Fall Mantel


OK.  I'm so far behind the curve on this, but I figured better late than never, right?  I decided to do a little fall decorating on my "mantel" (two wall mounted shelves over our TV) when I came across a couple of free and very cheap projects last week.  I posted about them here last Friday. 

Most of the stuff that was on the mantel stayed, I just made a few minor tweaks.  I broke out the birch candles and brought in some sticks that I striped the leaves off of to replace the white flowers I had in the tall vase.  I also put a strip of burlap around the vase. 

Here's the whole mantel:


The only things I had to spend money on were the corn husks and the pumpkin on the left.  It came from the dollar store and I painted it white.

As you can see, I kept things pretty simple, but it satisfied the itch I had for doing a little seasonal decorating.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect! Love the poms! Where do you buy corn husks?

Mindy said...

Love, love, love it.

Aaron said...

Thanks! I found them in the Hispanic section of the grocery store.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...